La Entrada High School's Independent Pathway is an excellent alternative for learners looking for a non-traditional way to complete high school. The pathway is designed to allow students the flexibility and personalization to be successful. Features of the program include...
- Intense Focus: Students work on one course at a time, finishing each course in four weeks.
- Weekly Attendance: Students work independently throughout the week and meet in person with their teacher once weekly.
- Individual Attention: Students meet with teachers individually each week.
- Concurrent Enrollment: Students may be enrolled in up to two courses at their high school of residence. This includes sports and arts!
- Credit Recovery: Students who are behind in credits may earn the credits they need through concurrent enrollment in courses at their high school, independent physical education or community service.
- Curriculum: Students have the opportunity to take Apex Learning courses and text based independent study courses.
- Setting: Our Independent Pathway classroom features flexible and alternative seating including traditional tables, high tables and a couch/armchair area. This setting allows students to make themselves comfortable when they are here at school.
- Subject Area Experts: Students work with expert highly qualified teachers in each of their LEHS courses.